Thursday, March 5, 2009

By: JaysQ

Here is the new (and I believe final) trailer for
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE. It's early internet release comes courtesy of USA Today, presented in the most asininely, tiny format I've seen in some time (thanks?). The film opens on May 1st, is directed by Gavin hood and stars Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber.

I respect Hood's work, despite not having seen very much of it.
RENDITION got alot of mixed reviews, but I think ultimately it's a beautifully shot film with good direction. There have been alot of rumors circulating about problems on WOLVERINE's set. Most of it concering Fox execs looking for a damned "family friendly" appeal to the character and harrassing Hood about some of his darker content. I mean that's just absurd in so many ways (how can Wolvie's origin story be anything besides dark?!) but I won't even get into it because it's all just conjecture. Needless to say, it leaves me a little nervous about the atmosphere and tone of this movie, even if Hugh himself has shouldered the task of staying faithful to the source material. Anyways enjoy the excrutiatingly miniscule trailer!


**UPDATE**
For some reason the tiny version wouldn't embed, but it doesn't matter cause I found a better one anyways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment