Tuesday, March 24, 2009

GREEN LANTERN Update: Captain Kirk to play Hal Jordan??

By: JaysQ

Now that The GREEN LANTERN is set to start filming mid-September in Australia, Warner Bros. is starting to look for a star for their franchise and IESB has reported that Chris Pine is at the top of their lists. The actor who is about to portray Captain Kirk in the new STAR TREK film does look the part, but will he be up for becoming a two-franchise man. My guess is that he would.

I think he's a decent actor, liked him in his roll in SMOKIN' ACES, but I can't help but wonder if he's got the chops for both of these roles. Not to mention the fact that both franchises have an unforgiving and oft times uncompromising fanbase. That's old news for trekkies, however, this'll be the first time we get a taste of Hal Jordan on the big screen so it'll be under much scrutiny.

The new STAR TREK keeps calling to me everytime I see the trailer. I want to just love it, no questions asked, but there's a part of me that remains apprehensive. It opens May 8, 2009 and GREEN LANTERN is set for a December 17, 2010 release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment